Clinical ExperiencesThe Executive Personalized Learning Program™ (PLP™) in Radiation Medicine is offered through the Radiation Medicine Program (RMP) at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre providing on-site clinical experiences. It offers a 6-12 month intensive observation experience designed to address the practical learning needs of radiation medicine healthcare professionals around the world, offering exemplary education in advanced radiotherapy practice and delivery. The Executive PLP™ curriculum consists of individualized tutoring, clinical mentorship, self-study and on-site learning. Area(s) of clinical specialization can be tailored to specific learning requirements. For selected candidates, the opportunity to participate in research courses and projects can be structured into the program (for 12-month programs only).
Participants will benefit from:
- 6-12 month immersive clinical observation experience with mentors
- Interaction with renowned experts in radiation oncology
- Exposure to state-of-the-art facility & clinical care
- Various education courses of blended format (on-site & online):
- AEP IMRT/IGRT: Head & Neck
- AEP SBRT: Liver, Lung, Spine
- AEP Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Brain
- AEP Quality & Safety
- AEP Accelerator Technology
- Radiation Physics
- Clinical & Experimental Radiobiology
- Educational lectures, journal clubs, conferences, clinical rounds
- Upon successful completion of the PLP™, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion, and become an alumni member of the Princess Margaret global network. To learn more about PLPs™ in other areas, and about the UHN International Centre for Education, please visit their website.
"The most important thing I have learned cannot be found in a book or in a paper… It’s the professor’s experience."
- Dr. Run-Ye Wu, Department of Radiation Oncology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College
Download Program Pamphlet